Sunday, February 26, 2017

Down and out with a nasty cold

Usually, I'm not the one in our family to get laid low by a cold, but this time I confess that I am laid low and miserable.  I am not sleeping well and the stuffy sinuses are making it difficult to even read.  Luckily, I do not have any deadline reading for a few days, and by then I hope the cold is long gone.  I do feel badly about how the cold is affecting my reading enjoyment because I have just started MURDER ON THE MOOR by Julianna Deering, the fifth mystery novel featuring Drew Fathering, a British mystery author, and his elegant American wife Madeline.  Billed as a return to the Golden Age of Mystery, I think Deering's series would make a perfect television show.  The settings in old British estates and countryside villages rival Downton Abbey, the dynamics between Drew,  Madeline, and the antics of Drew's sidekick Nick would transfer to the small screen brilliantly.
To me, their antics have a bit of 1920's Fitzgerald flair.

For now, I am going to post a link to the Celebrate Lit website and their kickoff information for
a blog tour featuring Deering's new novel MURDER ON THE MOOR.  Hope you can grab yourself a copy and enjoy.  At least, stop back when it is my time on the tour!! And stay well.  Me, I'm making a cuppa (tea, that is) and then I'll see if Drew, Madeline, and Nick can take me away from my stuffy head miseries.
 Murder on the Moor






http://www.celebratelitteam.com/current-tour-information/murder-on-the-moor/

No comments:

Post a Comment