Saturday, December 31, 2016

End of year reading tally

I end this year with 103 books on my Books Read List.  I did not blog about all of them, as I keep
the blog mainly for inspirational and gentle reads.  I am sure that I forgot to put a couple books on the completed list, but I am quite sure I recorded most.  There have been years when I've read more, but I am quite satisfied with this year's totals and books.

What will 2017 be like?  I have a multitude of e-books on my wish list through WPLC (Wisconsin Public Library Consortium)/Overdrive, plus an even longer wish list on the Winnefox Library System catalog, and enough pending holds to last the whole year.  I think that means I will chose to be less active on Litfuse, Netgalley, and Revell Reads.  Of course, I thought that in 2016, too, and then I was always being attracted to new-to-be released titles and they took up much of my reading time.  Balance, balance, balance -- a goal for the new year.

I also hope there will be new reads from favorite authors such Jane Kirkpatrick and Marie Bostwick.
Also want to read more inspirational memoirs and historical books.  I find encouragement from them and also learn a lot. 

If you run across any reading challenge lists for 2017, send them my way.  I may not undertake the challenge, but love seeing what makes the lists. Maybe I will create my own personal challenge list. Happy New Year to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment