in the sewing room. I did manage to make a few donation items, but no way did I accomplish what I thought I would. I dashed off a few "pillowcase" dresses (sundresses that tie across the neckline) to be sent to Haiti via a church project in Green Bay, and while at the cabin I managed to make some "string" blocks that I used in a bright pink lap quilt that will be donated to a different project.
On the sold pink squares, I machine embroidered a series of silly farm designs. The scenes come from an embroidery pack I purchased several years ago and were designed for a week of towels. Each embroidery features a cute pig and cat doing the farm chores, along with the farm cow. I especially like the design meant for Sunday -- it is the day of rest, and the animals are enjoying a leisurely picnic.
|String lap quilt|
|Embroidered farm scences|
|Weeding in the garden|
Did not get as much sewing done in winter as I thought I would. Did some in spring, but not as much as I would have liked. Summer flew by and fall is approaching. Wonder what I will accomplish!!
I do not understand how some people turn out new quilt tops almost every week!!
|Little pillowcase dresses. So easy and fun to make.|
|The yellow dress is made from a hand appliqued vintage pillowcase.|
|The gold and blue dress is made from a pillowcase with colorful fish.|
|Bright colors will be so much fun to wear|