Friday, June 10, 2016

An Amish Market: four novellas by Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Irvin, and Vannetta Chapman

An Amish Market: Four NovellasI appreciate these novella collections for reading during  busy times.  A story can easily be completed during one evening or some other short period of time.  I tend to get involved in the books I read, and even if it isn't  a great book I find myself needing to finish it.  With a novella, I can have a light read, complete it, and then move on to other things.  The next night or a few days later, I can move onto the next novella. Amy Clipston, Kathleen Fuller, Kelly Irvin and Vannetta Chapman all hit homeruns with their unique stories in AN AMISH MARKET which each revolved around some type of Amish store (market).  I especially liked Vannetta Chapman's LOVE IN STORE which featured two older characters.  Love does not only find the young, you know, and it was sweet to see Stella's bitterness, sharp tongue, and rigid view of her life soften.  These quiet and charming stories can be bought in print as a collection, but they are also available separately as single ebooks.

I originally obtained an ecopy from Netgalley for review purposes but my late winter/spring reading pile was so big that I did not get all the stories read before my time slot for having the ecopy expired.
I was lucky to obtain a print copy from our Winnefox library system.  I am always delighted when I find that there are copies of books I want to read within our library system.

No comments:

Post a Comment