Saturday, May 2, 2015

Murder Simply Brewed by Vanetta Chapman

Murder Simply Brewed - Vannetta ChapmanAmber Wright likes her job running the Amish Artisan Village, a collection of shops and accompanying inn, but it leaves little time for a personal life.  And Amber doesn't believe the upcoming spring and summer season will be less hectic than the last.  Then Amber receives a phone call that Ethan Gray, the manager of Simply Brewed has been found dead in the shop.
It appears Ethan died of a heart attack, one that may have been brought on when someone shot a pellet gun at the shop's window.  The police believe the shot and the vandalism at another Amish shop are simply the work of wild teens, Amber begins to think otherwise.  Soon Amber, Hannah  the young Amish girl she has made new manager of the coffee shop, and Amber's neighbor Tate Bowman set out to piece together just really happened to Ethan and why.

Life has been just slightly hectic around here, and I have NOT read anything for almost a full week.
Luckily I was able to feed my fiction fix a little by listening to this cozy mystery on my MP3 player.
Basically I like two kinds of audio books.  The first, are those, whether nonfiction or fiction, that are so compelling that you just have to keep listening.  These may be quite complicated, packed with details, but that is okay if the writing and the narrator are top quality.  The second type of audio book I like is something short and simple, like this cozy mystery.  I was able to listen to MURDER SIMPLY BREWED while I was working on machine embroidery projects and even while I was pruning shrubs outside.  Author Chapman mixes just the right balance of mystery and innocent romance with a splash of humor and just a bit of danger. I downloaded this mystery from the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium, and I liked it enough that I will be checking for audio version of other Vanetta Chapman books.

1 comment: