Thursday, November 13, 2014

Classic Christmas Carols: CD featuring Point of Grace, Big Daddy Weave, Sandi Patty, Mark Schultz and more

Classic Christmas Carols CD 34-09097 080688903527

I've been listening to Christmas carols for two weeks already -- a little early for even me, but
FAMILY CHRISTIAN gave me the opportunity to review the cd CLASSIC CHRISTMAS CAROLS featuring such artists as Point of Grace, Big Daddy Weave, Sandi Patty, Mark Schultz, and For King and Country (and more). While the simple red cover with white lettering may be unassuming, this is a wonderful album of 12 classic carols by top Christian artists.  So many times artists, especially mainstream artists, try unsuccessfully to give classic Christmas songs their own branding.
The artists on this CD have remained true to the classic sound, but at the same time offer a freshness and uniqueness to each song. The percussion in Point of Grace's rendition of LITTLE DRUMMER BOY is crisp while the addition of guitar to Francesca Battistelli's  JOY TO THE WORLD adds another layer to the song.

A personal holiday tradition I've had for years was picking out a new Christmas album while shopping.  I stopped doing it two or three years ago because I was so dissatisfied with the albums out there. Often I just listen to the satellite radio stations, but too often they play the same few songs over and over.  Not this year! I will be playing CLASSIC CHRISTMAS CAROLS.  Get it and add the songs to your playlist. or pick one up for a last minute gift.  It will be enjoyed for years.  Now I just need to decide if I want the CD in my car, the family van, or downstairs in my sewing studio!   Go over to FAMILY CHRISTIAN.COM to learn more about the album and to purchase.  If you've never shopped at Family Christian online or at one of their stores, take the time to learn more about them.  All profits go to sponsor Christian charities.

Thank you Family Christian for the opportunity to review this CD.  Note: I am not required to write a favorable review.

No comments:

Post a Comment