Sunday, August 17, 2014

The Blessings of Friendship Treasury by Mary Engelbreit

The Blessings of Friendship Treasury


Artist and author Mary Engelbreit's newest book is a joyous collection of poems, Bible verses, and sayings about friendship coupled with Engelbreit's refreshing art.  Classified as a children's book, I am sure this volume will bring just as many smiles to adults as to youngsters.  I see the book as the perfect gift to a treasured friend, especially a childhood friend that you've kept close over the years.
The last page shows two little girls seated on stools, holding hands.  Below the illustration is this verse by Edgar A. Guest: I'd like to be the sort of friend that you have been to me.  I'd like to be the help that you've been always glad to be; I'd like to mean as much to you each minutre of the day as you have meant, old friend of mine, to be along the way.  With such an ending, you can see why this book would be an ideal way of letting someone special know how you feel.  And don't we all have a friend or two who needs to hear just how much they mean to us?

Of course, the book is still a fun book for little ones.  It could spark meaningful conversations about friends,true friendships, and putting others first.  I received a copy of this title from BookLook for my honest review.



  

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a book that I would love to read and give to a special friend. Love Mary Engelbreit's talent of writing and art. I will need to check into getting this one myself. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete