Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cabin time and a little reading

There have been no posts this week because simply put, I had better things to do!  We were at the cabin with our daughter and granddaughter and that makes technology out of range.  Even the cell phone is unreliable.  L. is the youngest of our grandchildren, and at 3 1/2 years is at the perfect age for fun times.
One day she was down at the hammock by our little lake with her mom and I could hear her giggles all the way up to the cabin.  This went on for nearly an hour.  We took a side trip for part of two days and she was so good despite the long car ride.  That night we went out for supper and she had Grandpa, Grandma, and Mom all playing finger puppets with her.  What a shock the waitress got when Grandpa ordered his supper and beverage with his puppet voice!  Such sweet times and great memories in the making.

Although there were meals to prepare, a few simple picnics to pack, and many miles on the road during the week, I did have time to finish three books (Seagrass Pier by Colleen Coble, Apart at the Seams by Marie Bostwick, and Chestnut Street by Maeve Binchy) and will be posting reviews asap.  I may even post a little more about the trip.  I definitely have to share about the charming B&B that we stayed at when we made our little side trip to the South Shore of Lake Superior.  Of course, I will have to work my writing around doing laundry, weeding garden, and getting caught up on the mail. I have several notifications from the library that I have requested materials to pick up and I also have three electronic holds ready to download.  Looks like I will need to set aside time for reading, too.  Can't believe the middle of July is quickly approaching.   Can we possibly add a few extra hours to each day so I can do all I want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment