Friday, July 25, 2014

Beyond a Doubt by Colleen Coble

Last week I read Beyond a Doubt by Colleen Coble on my nook, the e-book checked out from WPLC. Wisconsin's source for library ebooks.  It didn't take me long to have that nagging feeling that this was a familiar story.  But then again, I've read a couple suspense series set in Michigan's UP so I continued to read just to be sure.  Of course even though much of the story began to fall into place  (a body unearthed in an old lighthouse, home of Bree Nicholls and her son plus the side story of rebellious teenager Lauri), there were so many details that I just couldn't remember, so I read the whole book again and ENJOYED IT.  Beyond a Doubt is the second book in a five book series, with a sixth book a holiday novella.  If you have never read the Rock Harbor series, I recommend it,  I love that you could read all five volumes in succession because the mystery and danger in  search and rescue canine trainer's Bree Nicholls' life just never ends. Each story will leave you wanting to pick up the next book as soon as possible!  Just reading the book trailers on Coble's website http://colleencoble.com/library/page/2/  makes me want to start at the beginning and read all five again -- but I simply don't have time.  While there, I saw some other titles that I'll have to examine closer.  If I really haven't read the Aloha Reef series, I will need to add them to my to-read list.  You suspense readers, why not head to the remote Upper Peninsula and join Bree Nicholls? Start with Without a Trace, be prepared for danger and the compelling need to keep reading.

Without a Trace




Beyond a DoubtInto the DeepAbominationCry in the NightSilent Night, A Rock Harbor Novella

No comments:

Post a Comment