Sunday, March 23, 2014

Come on Wisconsin, where is spring?



Husband and I got home last night(this morning??) at 3:00 a.m. from a week's vacation on Anna Maria Island, FL with longtime friends. We had a night flight home from Tampa and then had to drive from Milwaukee home. Weather on the island was gorgeous; only had one day with rain, and the temperatures ranged from mid70s to 80s.  Lots of beach walks, some kite flying and time for relaxing.  Many of the spots where we ate had outside "sand" or "water" seating. We were even fortunate enough to meet up with Russ's nephew Todd and his wife who live in Largo. The area where we stayed has just undergone a major beach renovation, pumping sand onto the beach from the ocean.  They actually finished up while we were there and pulled out all their equipment.  If you look closely at the photo of Russ flying his kite you can see big rusty colored tubes; they are the pipes for carrying the sand.

I am glad to see that most of the snow here has melted, but I sure need to see green and pops of color.  I put all my wintery, snowman decorations away before we left and I have my spring/Easter stuff out now.  I just want the weather to go with them!!  I've gotten used to wearing capris, short sleeves, and a light sweater at night.  Do I really have to layer for warmth again?  We don't usually travel in the winter, but I am so glad that we did this year.  I might be looking into the longer, snowbird lifestyle for future years.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog (givemetoday.blogspot)! Living in Indiana allows me to agree with you, we are so ready for spring! As I sit at my work desk and look out my window I am saddened to see more snow falling (although it's not supposed to amount to much as it is mixed with rain at times)!

    ReplyDelete