Monday, March 3, 2014

Another quilt -- Spring Joy

Spring Joy

I recently finished a twin sized quilt which I have named Spring Joy.  The quilt was made of bright turquoise and lime green cottons. The eight inch rows consist of blocks pieced with jelly roll prints alternating with solid squares. These eight inch rows alternated with scrappy 5 inch rows, pieced with random lengthed rectangles.  I drafted the pattern to use what materials I had and finished it off with a scrappy binding.  It was refreshing to work on such bright fabrics during our deep freeze winter; that is why I decided to name it.

I am not a sophisticated quilter and I don't profess to be any good at free motion quilting, but I keep trying.
This time I did repetitive, scrolling straight lines on the rectangles and sort squared off snail patterns on the blocks.  All done, the quilting is quite dense and I like it.  This quilt will probably be a gift or donation quilt.
A little of the quilting shows up

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love this! If you're looking for a gift recipient. . . LOL

    Or you could write a novel to go with it, a la Abingdon's Quilts of Love! :-)

    ReplyDelete