Friday, August 24, 2012

Talks with Liz Curtis Higgs


Liz Curtis Higgs is a successful author of both Christian historical fiction and nonfiction.  Her series, based on Ruth, but set in 18th century Scotland is a true gem.  I've reviewed those books in the past, so if you're interested check under her label on the side.   The titles to the series are
Here Burns My Candle and Mine is the Night.  I am on Liz's e-letter lists and recently I recieved a note from her that she was having a LIVESTREAM CHAT about her new nonfiction Bible study of Ruth.  When I went to the LIVESTREAM site, I found that WaterbrookMultnomah Christian publishers had several "chats" with Christian authors archived, including several others with Liz Curtis Higgs.

I've heard Liz speak and she is phenomenal!! The same dynamic personality comes through on these chats.  I listened to the archived one which explained her research for Here Burns My Candle and Mine is the Night.  Here is the link to that chat.  I also started to listen to the live one about her new nonfiction book The Girl's Still Got It,  but I had to leave on an errand.  I will finish by watching the archived version soon.

Often I am totally frustrated with technology and certainly with the typical media, but it is nice that computers and advanced technology have allowed us to connect with those authors and others whose interests match our own.  If you've got time, check out Liz's chat and get to know her better.  You might see some other authors you know and have wondered about.

No comments:

Post a Comment